A State Of Consciousness
A State Of Consciousness
💜💛Greetings everyone! For today's blog, I want to talk about a song I listened to recently which is Unsaid Emily. Enjoy!💛💚
About Julie and The Phantoms👻
Julie and the Phantoms is a musical dramedy that is based on a Brazilian TV show Julie e os Fantasmas. It is about a teenager who struggles making music after her mothers death but then something shocking happens , Julie accidentally summons a ghost band from the past and eventually starts her own band with them. A little bit weird plot but this show is fun to watch.
Unsaid Emily
In the show's fourth episode, Luke(one of the ghosts) shows Julie some of his songs that he had been working on and she ended up finding one about a girl named "Emily". But the big reveal and the story behind the song was something that I would never forget.
It's not revealed until episode 6 that the song was actually about his mom, Emily. Luke ended up writing the track as a way to apologize after leaving his parents over a fight about his music career. In episode 8, Julie visits his parents with Luke right behind her. She ends up handing over his handwritten lyrics to the song "Unsaid Emily" in hopes that it will give them peace knowing that he wanted to make amends with them. Luke’s past came up in episode 8 when we discover that he had a falling out with his parents just before he died. Julie finds Luke haunting his childhood home. He’s longing to reach out to his mother and father and resolve their broken relationship. With the song, Luke hopes he can express his regret over their bitter last meeting.
Luke continues to the song’s chorus, singing about taking back his hurtful words and replacing them with words of love. He especially laments that the last time he saw his mother, they had a terrible argument. Unsaid Emily is even more heartbreaking as we know Luke soon dies after leaving his parents to pursue his dream of becoming a musician. Another layer of pain is added when band member Alex tells Julie that Luke’s mother was against that dream.
💛💛
I honestly cried when I listened to this song for the first time as the lyric is so beautiful and I can somehow relate to the lyric. For me, “Unsaid Emily” is a song that can moisten the eye of the hardest hearted viewer. In my opinion, The topic of loss isn’t easy to address, but Julie and the Phantoms beautifully demonstrates Luke’s arc of grief as he waited for 25 years until Julie was finally able to deliver closure to him and his parents. The lyrics in “Unsaid Emily” inspire those still tangled in anger and resentment to lay down their pride and mend a relationship. Luke’s last few lyrics say it all: “If you could only know/I never let you go/And the words I most regret/Are the ones I never meant to leave/Unsaid Emily.”
💙💙
I'm sorry about the lengthy blog. I could have picked a different song to keep the blog short, but I felt the need to introduce that song to everyone because it has a great meaning behind it. I hope you guys enjoy the song as much as I do.
Question
How did it make you feel when you first listened to this song?
Have you ever watched this show before?
That is all from me, Thank you!💙💙

OMG Thanks for introducing me to this band! I love it! In return I'll also recommend you to similar artist like Novo Amor!
ReplyDeleteI feel so sad when listening to this song :( Plus your writing make me sadder . Aaa I never watch this but I think I should. Great song !✨
ReplyDeleteVery nice!😍the first song remind me of high school musical😍
ReplyDeleteThis song make me goosebumps. I love it! Magnificent blog as always <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for introducing this song to me! his voice is really nice too :0
ReplyDeleteThanks for introducing this song,It makes me feel sad but I really love it !
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, nice blog.
ReplyDeleteI love the first song, and also the other. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove this song a lot, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteNice song , I like it
ReplyDeleteThank for sharing,, nice blog
ReplyDeleteNice band thanks
ReplyDeleteThe song are great , i never watch that show before , i would like that watch it later . Thanks for the recommendation .
ReplyDeleteUhhh this song is very very beautiful🔥
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this song and nice blog👍
ReplyDelete