Grammar Study Journey
πStay safe!π
Hello everyone! On today's blog, we were assigned to talk about 5 things we noticed or learnt along our own grammar study journey.
First and foremost, I have come to realize when it comes to foreign language, like English in our case, grammar is very important for many reasons. I used to be so afraid to pick up a pencil and write as a student, and I still am now, because I’m plagued with the thought, What if I’m doing it wrong? The more I considered this, the more it became clear to me that I have to learn more about grammar. One of the things I learnt along my grammar study journey also is learning grammar rules pays off. If you had to memorize every single sentence in the English language, you would go crazy. Instead of panicking because of the tens of thousands of words you’ll need to learn to become fluent, why not focus on the few grammatical rules first? By learning a set of core rules such as word order or when to use each tense, you will have a series of templates to use in order to create an infinite number of sentences as you learn more words.
Other than that, I've noticed that I see more excitement and engagement in writing within me than I had seen all year. Initially, my focus on being sure to have the correct sentence structure, commas in the right places, no sentences starting with a preposition, lots of grammar rules and so on, have prevented so many of my ideas from even getting out on the page. It took away all passion I may have ever developed for writing. But I’ve begun to realize, while it may not be the most enjoyable thing, is so incredibly important to the writing process because it allows us to get our ideas down on the first draft and then go back and clean it up the next time around.
Besides, I have learnt that we can experiment with the language and have as much fun with it as possible. Watch movies, listen to podcasts, write blogs , create videos, create friendships with natives or other learners, read easy books, write a journal, etc. Have fun. Learn the vocabulary you want to know and practice your grammar by doing things you like. Learn what you like. From my perspective, I usually practiced my grammar by journaling.
Lastly, I noticed that each language has different sentence formation and word order rules, but when it comes to core sentence elements and their functions even the grammar rules, pretty much every language in the world includes the same. So instead of being overwhelmed, you’ll tackle them with a relaxed mindset and that’ll help you learn faster.
That is all from me today, thank you. π






Very succinct and introspective. Love it!
ReplyDelete“Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” – Conan O’Brien. Keep going forward Hijrahtie!
ReplyDelete“Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.” is a proverb used by the Africans. A person can't improve without failing, I'm glad that you decided to pick up the pen and learn grammar! Wonderful job Hij!
ReplyDelete“However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”― Stephen Hawking. Great work , Hij!
ReplyDelete“Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.” ― Dwayne Johnson, actor and former pro-wrestler. Great work, Hijrahtie :D!
ReplyDelete“The secret of success is constancy to purpose.” ——Benjamin Disraeli
ReplyDeleteGreat work!
"Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
ReplyDelete--John D. Rockefeller
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity” – Dorothy Parker
ReplyDeleteGreat work Hijrahtie!
“The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” – Brian Herbert, author. nice blog
ReplyDelete“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” - Zig Ziglar
ReplyDeleteYou did well ! ^^
“It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins.
ReplyDelete“Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything. ” - Patrick Suskind
ReplyDelete"Education is the most powerful weapon to change the world." - Nelson Mandela.
ReplyDeleteGreat workππ»✨
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius
ReplyDelete"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs
ReplyDeleteif people are doubting how far u can go, go so far that u can't hear them anymore - Michele Ruiz
ReplyDeletegreat blog ✨